An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic, highly motivated, teacher with the ability to teach Science to join our department in a supportive and team-orientated School.
Our Science Department is an energetic and exciting environment. It has grown in strength with the current team and we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who will contribute to the current teaching and learning strategies and develop their own teaching practice with our support.
The successful candidate will be someone with a passion for their subject who will inspire and engage our students, and who will actively assist in the further development of Science within the School. You will join a committed, hardworking and friendly department who work closely together to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students. The ability to teach across the range of Key Stages, including 6th form and IB is desirable.
Applications are welcomed from both NQT’s and experienced practitioners including those looking for positions with additional responsibility. A willingness to participate in the extra-curricular life of our school is also required.
Buckswood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau now the Disclosure and Barring Service. You must also have the right to work in the UK with appropriate Visa if necessary. If you have not lived/worked in the UK for the past 5 years you will need to provide a Police check from the country in which you have been living and working.
- Identify clear teaching objectives, setting clear performance targets and planning lessons effectively.
- Working from the examination curriculum, ensuring it is taught at a level which challenges students and maintains high levels of interest, ensuring continuous development.
- Providing clear structures for lessons which maintain pace, motivation and challenge, setting realistic and achievable goals for students.
- Using varied methods of teaching to structure information, present key sets of ideas and encourage individual thinking.
- Listen carefully to students to understand educational needs and adapting teaching styles to suit these.
- Effectively managing lesson time to provide effective teaching and utilize as much availability as possible.
- Be aware, and make provision for students who are SEN or have specific individual needs.
- Cover programs of study and curriculum in their entirety to provide a knowledge base exceeding the examination requirements.
- Maintaining discipline and behavioral standard in accordance with school policy, encouraging punctuality, good behavior and strong standards of work.
- Liaise with Head of Department to ensure the implementation of the best practice.
- Assess how well learning objectives and syllabus has been received, identifying any gaps in the knowledge and improving specific aspects of teaching to resolve these.
- Mark and monitor students’ work and set progress targets.
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents, using our in school systems for communication.
- Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognize the level at which the student is achieving;
Hours of work: Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 1pm