- Recruiting staff, involving developing job descriptions and person specification, preparing job adverts, reviewing application forms and CVs, shortlisting and interviewing.
- Ensuring all recruitment adheres to the standards set out by the local safeguarding authorities.
- Ensuring that Single Central Register is compliant and kept updated.
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives on issues regarding pay and conditions.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Conducting investigations into allegations of misconduct or grievances against staff.
- Making sure that management correctly adhere to employment laws.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues such as equality, disciplinary hearings, code of conduct etc.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Maintaining confidentiality meeting with the Compliance Officer
- Correctly inducting new employees.
- Providing ad hoc advice to employees who seek advice.
- Ensuring correct and legally required paperwork is fully complete and the single central register is correctly maintained to current guidelines.
- Working closely with Senior Management, in a consultancy role, to understand and implement policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Promoting equality and diversity within the workplace.
- Interpreting and advising on employment law.
- Planning and occasionally delivering training relevant to HR and Safeguarding.
The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding (Child Protection) Policy at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of the children in the School they must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Headmaster.